homestead - Re: [Homestead] Another take on F&F

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Another take on F&F
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 10:53:46 -0500

> So you would rather just give them the money with no possibility of
> recovery???? I would rather have
> some hope anyway. Look at previous govt. bailouts, like Chrysler many
> years
> ago. The stock was around 2.00 a share, and after recovery was at 32.00 a
> share. Had the Govt. taken stock for their cash infusion, we would not
> have lost
> a cent and would have made money while saving a bunch of jobs in the
> process. This seems like a much better idea. .

Look at Chrysler now. They have been functionally bankrupt for awhile now.
Bridge loans have turned into pier loans (bridge to no where so maybe Palin
will support a bailout). They are in deep trouble but since the country has
decided that financials are the industry to support they will more than
likely go down the tubes with someone like Tanta Motors picking up the Jeep
name.

Don Bowen KI6DIU