homestead - Re: [Homestead] Another take on F&F

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Another take on F&F
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 10:19:43 EDT

Yeah, I saw an interview with Warren Buffett this morning and he was very
positive on this move. The investors will get hit with lower dividends, but
other than that he says it was the right thing to do. The govt. is actually
buying in and will hold 1 billion in prefferred stock to start, so they are
not
just printing money to fill in the pit. They will have stock they can sell
and
recover the investment from later.

In a message dated 9/8/2008 8:50:35 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,