homestead - Re: [Homestead] new stuff

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] new stuff
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 16:51:03 EDT

I can imagine how frightened my mother must have been, newly married, newly
pregnant, and with a world going to war. In my things, once in a while, I
find
the 'coupons' (can't remember the proper word) that allowed them to buy
designated amounts of - never mind - the word is 'rationing' - meat, coffee,
butter (lard with a packet of orange food coloring), and gasoline.

I remember her serving SOS - you know, of course, that this stands for Sh_t
on a Shingle?

Sandy
Mid-Mojave
Not missing SOS - having just made a pot of albonsigas for my favorite
landlord
Akka - back to you in a few