homestead - Re: [Homestead] Guess who

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Guess who
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 07:09:20 -0500

On Aug 29, 2008, at 11:26 PM, Lynda wrote:

What, they don't write in "pause and wait for applause"? <g>

I watched Bill Clinton give his and later read it. He of course had been strongly urged to keep the time down. I think that after the first fifteen or twenty sentences he spoke, the audience responded loudly and long. When you read the transcript it seems short. Of course he hates it when people applaud him.

If anyone has children studying public speaking they could learn a thing or three about speech composition and delivery from Bill Clinton. As a former public speaking multiple trophies winner I can say that he is the premier political speaker I have observed.