homestead - Re: [Homestead] Total disbelief (was More Obama stuff, sorry)

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Total disbelief (was More Obama stuff, sorry)
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:05:37 -0800

Just an aside, anyone ever notice how politicians are always saying their grand plans will reach a final goal AFTER they are out of office. Me thinks per chance it is because that way they can point fingers and say "well, if I had still been in office it would have happened."

And, on a lighter note, youngest was watching a ho, ho, ho take off on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series. As the credits are rolling, one of the kids who was at the dance where the vampires attack is being interviewed. Kid: "Yeah, they had fangs, they were biting people and they had this look in their eyes, like really cold. I think they were Young Republicans."

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

How do you see the odds on that happening voluntarily?

In his speech tonight, if I remember correctly, Obama said he is
committed to having us end our dependency on foreign oil in ten years.