homestead - Re: [Homestead] Total disbelief (was More Obama stuff, sorry)

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Total disbelief (was More Obama stuff, sorry)
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 19:47:49 -0400

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 7:14 PM, bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com> wrote:

> rob, do you mind saying in what state you vote? If you are in Arizona, you
> can vote for mickey mouse & it wont change anything, if you are in Virginia,
> it could be 2000 all over again.... .bobf

I'm in VA, as is Rob Walton and Celia & Roy just left us. Rob is not in VA.
I'll let him disclose his location. So we just lost one, perhaps two Dem
votes. I teased her that I hope she didn't sell to Republicans. ;)

I've become very cynical. I used to be a yellow dog Democrat, but have
recently been learning about and leaning towards the Libertarians. But I do
live in Virginia, therefore I will absolutely vote Dem because I can not
tolerate more of what we've had since 2000.

Then again, I have this one really 'out there' friend (not in VA), who tells
me the CIA instates whoever the 'powers that be' decide should be elected.
The same guy also swears the US economy is tanking. The former is hard to
swallow if any part of it is true, the latter seems like it might actually
happen.

Stepping back out of the fray....

Lisa