homestead - Re: [Homestead] Total disbelief (was More Obama stuff, sorry)

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Total disbelief (was More Obama stuff, sorry)
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 17:47:22 EDT

> >Ah, apparantly you make the mistake that I am supporting the "oil
> boys", as you put it.

Ray, this is the walnut you have to crack first, and good luck! There is a
mindset out there, well subscribed to, that thinks that government is
wellspring of all things good and evil. To live Utopian lives all we have to
do is
elect the right government.

>From that mindset, you can see that if you are not FOR Obama then de facto
you must be for the Oil Boyz. You don't even have to be against Obama, just
nor
for him. As someone put it a couple of thousand years ago, 'He who is not
with me is against me." Then of course people are acting as if Obama is
Jesus
so I guess the sentiment fits.

So good luck trying to carry on this discussion by even attempting to
introduce the idea that it is possible to not be for Obama and yet not
worship Bush.
Oh, ye of little faith!! </HTML>