homestead - Re: [Homestead] @ akka

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] @ akka
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 23:43:07 -0800

233 to 230 in the House. Dead even in the Senate unless you count the Independants as Dems (Liberman, for example).

The fuss was that they finally, after quite a few years, had a simple majority AND, silly them, thought they could get enough other folks to vote with them. Well, as soon as the tide turned, the majority of the folks who used to vote about the subject and not about the Party, changed back to voting along straight party lines.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Akka Homestead" <akkabhomestead AT yahoo.com>

Wow. I thought they did have a 2/3 voting majority. So what was all the fuss about in '06? Did they just break 50% and want the public to think they had control? I don't get it.

Now, let's keep the history accurate. I hate to upset the ol' Repub
thinking but y'all do know and understand that ol' Read My Lips and Billy
Boy were and are thick as thieves and have been for decades? Y'all do
realise that about half the things that Billy Boy gets credited with were
begun by ol' Read My Lips and Billy Boy just continued? China being one of
them and "playing" with Korea being the other. Not to mention that NCLB
isn't a brain fart thought up by Dumbya but rather the culmination of
something begun by ol' Read My Lips, and continued by Billy Boy? Just like
NAFTA and half a dozen other things.

I pretty much believe all of the above. It is one of my pet peeves that we blame presidents for things, when the roots of problems can usually be found in another administration. Those roots pass by unnoticed until later. It is one of the reasons I don't bash too much-I can't be sure of who is really to blame.

Lynda, who learned a LONG time ago that one should either grow a thick hide
or get the hay you off the net! Folks can't play whack-a-mole if the mole
whacks back <g>

I'm learnin', give me time.

Akka