homestead - Re: [Homestead] Putting Down a Dog

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Putting Down a Dog
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 13:42:53 -0500

On Aug 8, 2008, at 1:28 PM, Robert Walton wrote:

I'm curious what others thoughts are on this.

I don't think anyone's thoughts are pertinent but yours, Rob. This is your animal, you have some kind of emotions toward it, you know your psychological condition and you know all the factors of the choices.

My beloved Dax died easy with the vet's single injection into his foreleg. I had my right arm around his neck and was petting him with my left hand and I know for a fact that he died quickly and without trauma or pain.

Years ago, at Chris's urging, I shot a cat to death. I will never do that again. Never. It was traumatic for the killer and the animal. A needle of magic killer potion is gentle and painless and there are no chances for pain or mistakes.