homestead - Re: [Homestead] Joe'Porter's view

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Joe'Porter's view
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:10:43 -0700 (PDT)

I had a number of uncles and cousins there about the same time as you. I
clearly remember going to the church the night before one of my uncles
shipped off to Viet Nam. They prayed for him and gave him a New Testament.
He spent a year in a hospital in Seattle--was shot down off a communications
pole (I think it was telegraph, rather than telephone but unsure). He has
never spoken of being in Viet Nam. Did they give you a New Testament? Did
it help?

To refresh anyone's memory to the 'facts' about Senator's McCain's near-
death on the Forrestal, click on the Wikipedia link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forrest_Fire