homestead - Re: [Homestead] Trader Joe's

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Trader Joe's
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 11:58:22 -0500

I have heard people compare Trader Joe's to Aldi's, but I think TJ's is a
bit more upscale. They are owned by the same company, or at least they were
- companies change hands so often it makes one's head spin. There is an
Aldi's in Springfield. You have to take your own shopping bag (which is not
a big deal), but I was annoyed to discover that you have to pay a quarter if
you want a cart (but I think it is refunded when you return the cart to its
cart corral) - I decided to just to a walk through first, rather than pay
for a cart. I have never been to a TJ's so I have no way to compare the two
stores, but I was completely underwhelmed by Aldi's. Turns out, I did not
need a cart.