homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Tomatoes now Fennel

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Tomatoes now Fennel
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 16:53:11 -0400

Do not let people think I feed you concentrated orange crap, please. Jeez, man. I spend a small fortune of your money keeping you organic.

On Jun 29, 2008, at 4:48 PM, Roy Morgan wrote:

On Jun 29, 2008, at 1:24 PM, Lisa K.V. Perry wrote:...
We have bronze fennel, it is the herb type and not the vegetable. ...
you made me more aware of it, I think I should attempt to save the
seeds.
We've put some of the fronds in salad and casseroles,

SHHH! Do NOT tell ANYone about this:

Secret Morgan Recipe for Salad Dressing:

One glop of mayonnaise
One glop of frozen orange juice concentrate
Some fennel seeds, ground up in the pepper mill
Just a pinch of garlic powder

Mix up and let sit in the fridge for a while till the flavors all goo
about.

Roy