homestead - Re: [Homestead] Hello again, and cherry pits

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Hello again, and cherry pits
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 16:38:52 -0400

Hi April,
Tho we've not yet met here in cyberland, good to hear of your progress!
I have been a massage therapist for 30 years now (holy cow!! my how time
flies..... and still so young :). I hope you love the work as much as i
have. When i moved to our VERY remote farm 8 yrs, ago, i thought it
would be time to hang it up, as this is a very economically poor area,
and most people do not understand this old-timey skill. How surprised i
have been to find that word of mouth alone has spread my business around
4 counties - as there are few-to-no other massage therapists 'roun heah.
A huge difference between here and Sacramento business is that it is 99%
gals that call upon me. It does not fit for the good ol boy network, and
those that are hurting and whose wives call me in to assist just about
make me swear that i will not tell ANYONE i have been to help them :) If
their buddies ever heard.....they'd be teased/bothered to no end!!! What
a surprise that is. These fellas do NOT want to be in any situation
where they do not feel in control. A wonderful thing on the side, is
that it also has given me a place for selling or trading my vegetable
crops. The farmers markets here are next to nothing compared to what we
were accustomed to. My clients almost always buy what i have in season,
and i just let them know what is available for the week, pick, clean and
bag their produce and off i go to their appts. Often, i trade my seed,
vegies, or plants for eggs, wild turkey, venison, or farm-raised meats.
If you live in a rural area, i hope you have such fine luck in the
massage field as i found here in these mountains!
Looking forward to your posts,
Toni- glad stranger in this strange land - where people still remember
how to take care of themselves despite the gubmint and high prices!
Click to lower your debt and consolidate your monthly expenses.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3m2bkcihOtdJddv3SipCmvtwcflJgI55AvhlhMYl0o6o5tnV/