homestead - Re: [Homestead] Declining exurban lifestyle

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Declining exurban lifestyle
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 08:09:09 EDT

All so true. If we take the concept (homesteading / self-sufficiency) back
to the European (and certainly not confined to the European) 'given' that
all
male children automatically followed in their fathers' - vocational -
footsteps...what happens now that there will be no footsteps to follow in?

No trades exist here anymore (outsourced) - no crafts (outsourced and
automated). I detest the Suits and all they stand for.
Subservient...marshmallows.
(S'mores - gimme s'more!) The only issue I would argue is gender capability
and potential.

I won't apologize for my seemingly extremist views. I went 'back to the
Earth' in the mid-seventies, and have yet to return to reality as we now
acknowledge it. Buy a horse. Build a fire. Grow something!

As far as I'm concerned, one of the few good things to come of modernity is
the internet. And no blather about power sources, or gasoline for generators.

There are folks in India powering their computers by bicycle. Incentive. A
hunger is a hunger, be it for food or knowledge.

Maybe that's what we need.

Sandy
Mid-Mojave

fuel-efficient used cars.