homestead - Re: [Homestead] Declining exurban lifestyle

  • From: Bunjov AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Declining exurban lifestyle
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 03:48:41 EDT

> Hillary Clinton knows most about the issues but she carries baggage
> and angst. Most likely we will stumble in fits and starts in the right
> direction, making sure all the lobbyists get their turn.

Not wanting to get back into the political discussion (yuck) but I was
conjecturing today that it would be nice if all the campaign debts could be
forgiven, and the money instead thrown at health care. Not reality, of
course...every penny would be sucked up in the transition, and even if it
wasn't, it
wouldn't begin to address the problem.

Perhaps we could use the money to fund a program to tattoo a Real ID number
on every baby as soon as it's born.

Sigh.

Sandy
Mid-Mojave