homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cure for deer in garden

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cure for deer in garden
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:22:47 -0800

Well, I hate to be serious while all others are having a giggle, but most deer do their damage, as do coyotes, at night. Not much chance there will be any reflected light. AND, I've found that coyotes don't care about flapping anything and deer become accustomed to things and quickly loose their fear!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <jmroll AT bellsouth.net>

Subject: [Homestead] Cure for deer in garden

I got a seemingly good suggestion this morning at the coffee table on how to keep deer and coyotes out of my garden. I was told to buy large foil helium balloons and tie them to the fence posts. Place them a few feet higher that the post in several locations. The breeze will move them and the foil will reflect any light from the sky.
Sound like this may work..... Just passing this message along ..... Another example of a "Country boy can survive".... J Reb