homestead - Re: [Homestead] tobacco and pipes

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] tobacco and pipes
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 20:50:09 -0800

Sweet grass, sage, etc. Called a smudge in a lot of the Nations. Traditionally, used both ceremonially and routinely. In other words, it could be an actual part of a ceremony or it could be used to "cleanse" a place prior to the ceremony or prior to folks moving into a new place or home.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Bunjov AT aol.com>

I don't either. You're too clever, and it could get raunchy.
I would like to know, though, about something called...am I way off base by
calling them...smoke...sticks? Bundles of herbs, maybe including sage (sorry,
Sage) that were burned same as we (No, not we, KemoSabe) burn incense?
Ceremonial?

Sandy
Mid-Mojave
Not incensed.