homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garden pests, four-legged variety

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garden pests, four-legged variety
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 21:20:35 -0800

Property management folks, not appliance rental places.

You can't get much more rural than I am, Gene. The county is bigger than the State of Deleware (covers 3200 sq. miles) but only has a population of about 13,000. The valley, the only flat place in the whole county, where I live is 156 sq. miles and the population, when all the summer folks are here, is about 2,000. The closest *real* city is 2 hours away.

We have a Freecycle here in town AND a real estate agent who does property management, plus other real estate agencies here and in the county. They've all been more than happy to have us come and haul old freezers away. And I just got a hit on Freecycle to come get another 3.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene GeRue" <genegerue AT ruralize.com>

You must be near cities or big towns. I am in the country. I seriously
doubt there is a freecycle or appliance rental place withing fifty
miles or even more.