homestead - Re: [Homestead] Garden pests, four-legged variety

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Garden pests, four-legged variety
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 08:41:29 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know anything about moles, but with armadillos----bane of deerhunters
and country folk alike. If they decide to dig underneath your rocks they
will. I've seen them dig a burrow undeneath the concrete slab of a patio.
They don't want your garden plants. Probably, you have worms, etc in your
garden composted soil. That's their munchies.

You've done just about everything you can do except buying a case of .22
short rifle . That might help with rabbits also. The only other option ,
other than your roofed cage, is a pair of totally outside dogs. A big mean
one for the armadillos and a beagle for the rabbits...bford