homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling and unschooling

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homeschooling and unschooling
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 20:47:19 -0800

Marie, you are falling into the exact pit James talks about. My kidlets aren't perfect. Far from it! However, at an early age they learned personal responsibility because no one was telling them, for example, of all the assinine things, that they had to raise their hand to use the bathroom and so forth and so on.

If they need "gentle reminding," they ask for it. Youngest sets her alarm clock for mornings and then has her nifty little list and asks that at "x" hour I give a holler if she gets too buried in some project or another. She's alloted herself an hour in the veggie garden between doing turkeys and lambs. It's cool in the morning and she wants to get everything done before it heats up. However, she's been known to start weeding and forget to stop.

Not being a perfect child, she has asked that either DH or I give a holler when it is 10.

The point is, it is HER choice, not ours. She figured out how to arrange her day.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>