homestead - Re: [Homestead] Views on government

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Views on government
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:15:04 -0500

On Jun 11, 2008, at 11:05 AM, bob ford wrote:

The polls reflect that a large majority of Americans
disagree with continued military involvement in the
Middle East, inluding a majority of Replublicans. So,
are you saying that Sen. McCain is now displaying
great courage, or , are you saying that he really
doesn't want to become President? it surely must be
one or the other.

If it must be one or the other, then it is courage. Foolhardy courage, but courage nonetheless.

I therefore want a president who makes very good
appointments.

Who doesn't? But, realize that the truly important
appointments will always be determined by their
acceptance by those with power/money/access.

Those with great power and money are pragmatic. They are realists. And they abhor incompetency and the waste and lost profits it incurs. I predict that they are so upset with what their money and power have bought these last seven-plus years that they will support Obama so that McCain does not get in and continue the same path. With no strings attached but hope.

I have to go now, but I leave with this: Obama will be beholden to far fewer big money people than GWB was and he will therefore have greater freedom to make his choices.