homestead - Re: [Homestead] Observations from my State Convention

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Observations from my State Convention
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 21:14:50 -0800

Well, treasure it while it lasts <g> It is only once every blue moon that James and I agree <g>

Now, I think you are looking at part of this from the wrong end of the telescope, so to speak. "This is going to give ordinary people extraordinary influence." I would disagree. This is one slick campaign and thus, it is all about smoke and mirrors. This door to door business is by design and the design is to give the *illusion* that ordinary folks have some influence. The extent of the influence is what is put into speeches.

The candidate of *supposed* change isn't about change or he wouldn't have hired all the old "Clinton Machine" people.

I wish everyone would take a real good look at what Alinksy is all about and how it works. It is all about creating the *illusion* of the sheople making decisions, being in control and having influence.

Lynda

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

If you expect that from any presidential candidate, don't hold your
breath. That sort of thinking and action is going to come from people
who are looking at energy costs in their own lives. It's going to work
its way up. I know, I know, the Lynda-James contingency is going to
froth about politiicians and their evil ways. But, the best thing
about the the Obama campaign is that he's adopted the Howard Dean
approach of going for every state and going for local empowerment.
People who are not just sending in their dollars, but canvassing door
to door are a lot more tuned in to what their fellow citizens are
saying, thinking and doing. This is going to give ordinary people
extraordinary influence.