homestead - [Homestead] Obama VP choices

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Obama VP choices
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:47:38 -0400

> As the *Financial Times* reported in May of this year, Barack Obama
> appointed James A. Johnson, the former CEO of Fannie Mae, "to head a secret
> committee to produce a shortlist for his vice-presidential running mate." A
> short list was discussed by the article, which listed, other than Hillary
> Clinton, "Jim Webb, the former secretary of the navy, Vietnam veteran and
> senator for Virginia; Tim Kaine, the governor of Virginia; John Edwards, the
> former vice-presidential candidate in 2004; Ted Strickland, the governor of
> Ohio; and Kathleen Sebelius, the governor of Kansas." Other potential
> nominees include "Sam Nunn, the former chairman of the Senate armed services
> committee; and Wesley Clark, the former head of Nato in Europe."10

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=9270

Wondering what you all think of Gov. Kathleen Sebelius. I've publicly heard
Webb state he wants to stay in the Senate and he'd turn down the offer for
the VP slot. Tim Kaine's name on this list surprises me. Mark Warner would
be better suited, as past governor, but he's running for the Senate.

Lisa