homestead - Re: [Homestead] McKibben et al, was Do you have your affairs in order?

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] McKibben et al, was Do you have your affairs in order?
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 20:28:36 -0700

The current paradigm of
perpetual growth is embedded in nearly everything we do- remove the
growth and the structures that mostly-western human culture has
erected over the last several hundred years collapse, and we can't
expect the master's tools to dismantle the master's house.

Our entire system is built on perpetual growth. It is embedded in the system of credit that funds growth. Growth is required to fund interest and keep the fractional banking system afloat. Growth in energy consumption, growth in population, etc.

Don Bowen KI6DIU