homestead - Re: [Homestead] McKibben et al, was Do you have your affairs in order?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] McKibben et al, was Do you have your affairs in order?
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 08:22:34 -0500

On May 15, 2008, at 9:29 PM, Marie McHarry wrote:

In a biological system, which the earth is, perpetual growth is cancer
and kills the organism. Earth is just a really, really big organism
and therefore will take longer to kill than most. We seem to be making
every effort to get there.

Gaia will survive. The question is, how long will homo sapiens survive.

The only optimistic answer I see, likely a couple centuries out, is for our species to migrate to other planets.

'Sustainable growth' is an oxymoron.
--Garrett Hardin