homestead - Re: [Homestead] delurking: question re tomato cages and yacon

  • From: "Gloria Morris" <gloriamorris59 AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] delurking: question re tomato cages and yacon
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 19:25:14 -0500

Welcome to the list!

I know a couple who bought a used electric golf cart for their farm.
They only paid something like $400 for it. Since then, it has required
a new set of batteries, and that wasn't cheap, although I don't know
what exactly that cost them. It is kept plugged in when not in use,
and it is my understanding that it hasn't run up their electric bill
overly much. Both are now partially disabled due to severe injuries,
and so mechanical helpers of various types keep them going. They use
the golf cart for hauling all manner of things around the farm. It has
a miniature truck type bed on the back which is large enough to hold
probably 2 small bales of hay. It would never replace a pickup truck,
but it can go more places. They use it in their extensive gardens
(they grow vegetables to sell at farmers' markets), eggs, chickens,
etc. She mentioned that they'd like to get a solar collector to charge
it.

Gloria