homestead - Re: [Homestead] delurking: question re tomato cages and yacon

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] delurking: question re tomato cages and yacon
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 05:08:06 -0500

On May 4, 2008, at 11:50 PM, Rebecca Lewinski wrote:

Didn't get my yacon cages made today, but I hope to take a whack at 'em tomorrow (haven't figured out yet how I'm going to hurk a bale of straw out of my van, but it will probably involve use of a strategically-placed tarp and some ropes).

Hi Rebecca, nice to have you at the table.

Two years ago for her birthday I bought Chris a used Golf Car, for hauling and pulling heavy loads that she can't handle. It is even more powerful than I expected, notably here where there is little flat ground. I have used it to pull quite large limbs to our disposal site and it did not hesitate. It would pull that bale of straw or a similar bale of peat moss around like it was not back there. It would be far more versatile and useful than a wheelchair in a garden. You might want to consider one.