homestead - Re: [Homestead] Broccoli and potato question

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Broccoli and potato question
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:25:47 -0400

> Put the compost and calcium in the hole or top dress? We may still have
> leftover oyster shell from when we kept poultry, otherwise it will have to
> be crushed egg shells or just compost (which had plenty of eggshells in
> it).

I like to mix some in where I am going to plant them. Topdressing is
good too. Manure, I always mix in the soil well before planting. If
you had eggshells in your compost, I'm sure that's fine.

> How about onions? Would that work or must it be garlic?

Maybe someone else knows, I've just grown garlic between them. Dill is
supposed to be good for that also.

Rob - Va