homestead - Re: [Homestead] Broccoli and potato question

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Broccoli and potato question
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 11:40:34 -0400

I'm east of you in VA. I've had cut worm eat off bigger than that, so
if they are a problem, I'd err on the side of caution.

Lots of rotted manure or compost for the broccoli or a little fresh
manure. In a few weeks when it's warmer I mulch arounf them with straw
or soiled hay to keep the soil moist and cooler.

I find that garlic growing amongst them helps with the bugs. Just
plant a clove between the plants.

Rob - Va