homestead - Re: [Homestead] How to judge history, was Obama and religion

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] How to judge history, was Obama and religion
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 05:51:36 -0500

On Apr 29, 2008, at 11:21 PM, EarthNSky wrote:

Thank you Marie, I wish I could have expressed such so succinctly.
Civil Wars are unique because the vaniquished still lives among the
victors, and has no real voice to argue when the victor tells his story.
UNTIL, the vaniquished can gather in numbers large enough for their
voices to be heard.

Has anyone one here read Shelby Foote's three-volume set on the Civil War? Hugely successful books. Widespread readers. For those not aware, he was a Southerner.