homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tick in navel cavity

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tick in navel cavity
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:58:38 -0500

Gene, I had a tick bite once in my navel (over 15 years ago), but fortunately I was able to get it out with tweezers. However, since then every time I get bitten by another tick my navel gets swollen! None of my other past tick bites behave this way. Sometimes my navel swells, and only then I realize I must have a tick, and after exploration find and remove it.

If it is dead and you can't reach it, I'd just pour hydrogen peroxide in your naval cavity a couple times a day to boil it and any infection out. I know a lot of folks like to use antibiotic ointment, which you could get in there with a swab, but it is my belief the goo only attracts more dirt and I would probably opt for making sure it's really dry in there after each hp application with a blow dryer.

I am a tick magnet. Fortunately, we don't have many here on the edge of the desert.

--Sage
Way Out in Texas

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:18:59 -0500