homestead - [Homestead] Ditch Lillies

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Ditch Lillies
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 22:19:25 -0400

Hey all,

This is my third spring here. I've been trying to do some projects
that make things nicer. Things that I can just sit back and look at.
I've planted rows of cedar trees, fruit trees, etc. This year my
project is ditch lillies.

A friend brought over a bunch of yellow ones and I dug lots of the
orange ones. I planted them in the ditch out front (of course) and
along the garden (I'll probably regret that) and here and there.

My ditch lillies should naturalize and provide years of summer flowers.

Today was a great day, lots of garden seeds in the ground yesterday,
it rained last night, my ditch lillies are in and it's raining more
tonight.

Rob - Va