homestead - Re: [Homestead] fruits

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lisakvperry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] fruits
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 17:58:17 -0400

You could thin out the fruit, now is a good time when they are olive size.
Looks like we might have a good year this year as well, though we're getting
hail as I speak. The large Stayman winesap apple was just starting to drop
petals from blossoms today, hopefully it's well pollinated and 'safe' by
now.

Hurray for fruit, hurray for escaping frost and hurray for a busy canning
season ahead. Looks like we'll have plenty to share.

Lisa