homestead - Re: [Homestead] Lift not thy Hands

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Lift not thy Hands
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 11:26:38 -0800

I had a double southern influence. My "Dad" (step-father) and Grampa Charlie (my Dad's father) were from TN. If those in TN run into any Brooks, they are quite possibly relatives. Grampa Charlie had "a whole passel" of brothers and sisters and "more relatives than a millionaire givin' out hunderd dollar bills." <g> I loved traveling to "the hills back home" with my Dad and Grampa Charlie.

Grampa Charlie was the grandfather all kids should have. He made us little
tiny fishing poles and taught us how to fly fish when we were single digits
in age! The man must have had the patience of a saint! Nothing better than rainbow trout you caught yourself and then cooked in cast iron over an open flame!

Lynda may live in NoCal, but her nanny and childhood
influence was from GA.
From the few posts they've made, I think we can slide over and make
room in bed for Drew and Warren, too, as they don't seem to be under the
Obama spell either. They also reside in the South. If I am wrong about
that, sorry...just my impression.