homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Freecycle Farm

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Freecycle Farm
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:55:16 -0500

On Apr 22, 2008, at 4:22 PM, Gloria Morris wrote:

Second, I have
some concern about having a complete stranger come to my house to get
freebies and potentially case the place for an uninvited return trip -
probably a paranoid view, but it has crossed my mind.

It's the times in which we live. Quite understandable. One thing you can consider is getting a male friend, even a husband of a friend, to put the answering machine voice on your phone. I have done that for single ladies I met in my real estate business. You arrange it so they have to call you and you do not answer the phone, let them hear the male voice and message first. Then you can decide to call them.

Might freak out your relatives and friends unless you warn them.