homestead - Re: [Homestead] Brussels Sprouts

  • From: "WF Smith" <mogrits AT gmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Brussels Sprouts
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:07:20 -0400

> Might not be the sprouts. Might just be the cooking.

That's definitely been the case at Mom's house. Everything boiled within a
minute of collapsing into mush.

I don't mind spinach cooked that way, actually, as long as it's with a chunk
of fatback in the pot and a decanter of vinegar handy. I like it just as
well raw. I've never had it steamed but will try it sometime. I may try the
sprouts again as well, should I find some fresh.