homestead - Re: [Homestead] Frost protection, was Re: "Old" apple trees - How to identify?

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Frost protection, was Re: "Old" apple trees - How to identify?
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 08:01:20 -0500

On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 6:43 AM, Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com> wrote:

> Frost is likely tomorrow morning here. Cherry trees are at risk. No
> crop last year due to frost. I am considering trying to get a tarp
> over them, maybe a smudge pot below.

I wish I'd written down the date last year -- and the many years
before -- when trees put out leaves, but this year seems incredibly
slow. We've had some warm weather, but nothing is growing except grass
and some weeds and those not so much. The next two days are forecast
to be cold and miserable: wind (25+ mph), rain, etc. Woe, woe, woe...

Marie