homestead - [Homestead] Frost protection, was Re: "Old" apple trees - How to identify?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Frost protection, was Re: "Old" apple trees - How to identify?
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 06:43:39 -0500

On Apr 11, 2008, at 7:41 PM, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

I just finished cutting the tops out of a line of pear trees that had gotten
so tall, I could not spray to the top for fire blight. It seems the blossoms
have escaped frost this year so I'm hoping for another good pear crop.

And we hope you get it. A good pear crop, that is.

Frost is likely tomorrow morning here. Cherry trees are at risk. No crop last year due to frost. I am considering trying to get a tarp over them, maybe a smudge pot below.