homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ethanol and Corn

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ethanol and Corn
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 21:27:10 -0800

I remember when they were giving away the soy "fluff" from making soybean oil. Raised some mighty fine swine on that plus the extra goat milk and free grazing on acorns!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

Of course, you'd have to figure in transport, but back when we had a
dairy, ADM was giving the stuff away and it was fluffy moist stuff
that could be dumped into the back of a pickup, It would be hard to
believe that any ethanol plant wouldn't have their own feedlot to use
whatever the byproduct is. Margins are way too close.

Here in the center of Illinois it would be incredibly easy to have a
feedlot attached to the ADM plant. I'm betting they already have such.

Marie