homestead - Re: [Homestead] OMG! Speaking of Politics

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] OMG! Speaking of Politics
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 20:10:02 EDT

> I was a acquainted with only one Libertarian that I remember talking
> with about it - briefly. He was for No taxes, NO government, NO
> quite-a-lot-of-other-things, too. Maybe no school system. In other
> ways, he seemed a rational person

Roy, what you are describing is an anarchist.

A libertarian knows very well that some taxes are necessary as is some
government. Hmm .. OK schools systems are pretty much entirely useless. But
as to
the other things:

A liberal believes in govenment solutions to everythign uless there is
compelling evidence that it just won't work, then a private solution can be
entertained.

A conservative talks a good game about less government and free enterprise,
but what they mean is government regulations to give them an advantage. A
conservative believes that corporations are the solution to everything unless
there is compelling evidence that it just doesn't work, then a private
solution
can be entertained, an barring that, a government solution can be entertained.

The libertarian believes in private solutions to everything unless there is
compelling evidence that it just won't work, then a goverment solution can be
entertained.

Libertian = as little government as is humanly possible.
Anarchist = no government at all. </HTML>