homestead - [Homestead] If this don't scare ya ....

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] If this don't scare ya ....
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 21:32:09 EDT

If this don't scare ya, nothing will.

There has been some opinions expressed on this list that the politicians know
very well the danger we are in due to the world fuel situation and the
brewing economic storm.

They just look stupid to me. So I was in for quite a shock.

At meeting of the ill fated water district where they are trying to drum up
grants to pay their salaries, our congressman, David Davis, was present for a
photo op with enterage in tow. He asked in the informal gab afterwards if
there were any concerns in his district. I, and another good ole boy,
expressed
our concern over the Byzantine permit procedure for every twig to be had from
the National Forest. He turned us over to his assistant who was present and
the fellow gave me his card so I could call him with the particulars.

The day I was to call him, a flier came in the mail from Congressman Davis
explaining how he was committed to America's energy independence by opening
up
ANWAR and subsidizing biofuels and a few other trifles we'd be energy
independent.

I was indignant. How dare he be so ignorant! I called his assistant and
passed along the National Forest information. Then I said I had one more
bone to
pick, just where in the $*$&#^ Hades is Congressman Davis getting his
information on energy.

Geeze, the fellow took umbage at my attitude, go figure!

I said does the good congressman know how much oil we use in a day, how much
is imported oil, and what the oil equivalent would be if adopted and
succeeded
at every one of his proposals??? Hmmmm??

Without the least hesitation, he quoted the figures exaxtly correctly.
Exactly. He added that the cogressman knew very well that if we drilled of
the
coast, drilled in ANWAR, maxed out the boifuels program, etc. etc. that it
would
amount to 7% of our total energy use.

I was dumbfounded. He, Congressman Davis, a backwoods country boy for Unicoi
County, very well knew the details of the problem.

Yet, he chooses to pander that asinine drivel in his flier.

We are so screwed!

James </HTML>