homestead - Re: [Homestead] If this don't scare ya ....

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] If this don't scare ya ....
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 20:24:14 -0600

Yet, he chooses to pander that asinine drivel in his flier.
Who will be the first politician to tell us that the future is not rosey, that there is not some magic potion or a mythical god to save us? None. The truth may set them free, free from being a politician.

Look at the current crop running for prez. They all have some magic plan to save home owners and make all our houses appreciate 10% a year again. Which one has said the problem is not all that easy. Until middle class wages catch up with home prices they cannot appreciate, until financial institutions are regulated to control greed there will always be shady practices. Simple. Which politician has said that we need to invest in trains and conservation? None, they all promise some magic new fuel or hybrid technology that will make it all right again. Selling us a chicken in every pot gets them reelected, not telling people they screwed up and that their kids will not be able to drive SUVs to the 7-11 for a six pack.

Don Bowen KI6DIU