homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bev -- incoming

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bev -- incoming
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 21:43:09 -0400

I'm guessing you are talking about the weather..lol
Nothing serious or severe here, just good Spring rains. They say we may get 3 or 4 inches tomorrow...woohoo! Maybe the creek will run!
Things are already green here; the dogwoods started blooming yesterday. The redbuds are at peak(nice lavender color for those that don't have the view), and most hardwoods now have that light green tint they get just before they leaf out and block the sky. They say the lakes around here are back at normal levels(here being NW Georgia, not other parts of the state), but we have historically had less drought effects than other parts of the state.
I'm envious of those who have the time to put in a full garden. I planted my garlic last Fall, but that, along with some onions and potatoes, is about all I have in the ground right now. I may lay out of work next week and try to get some veggies and herbs planted. I tried to take vacation last week, but it was denied. Don't they realize I have better things to do, like PLANT STUFF??? :)

Bev

Gene GeRue wrote:
Batten the hatches!

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky