homestead - Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Video about Obama
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 09:35:50 -0400

paxamicus AT earthlink.net wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9IldaegAB0

This is what I'm talking about in terms of perception. This is a video of NYC high school kids talking about Obama. They believe in him.

Since I connect at 26kbps, I can't watch the video, sorry to say, but I
want to make these comments...
I understand your point, but please recall that this, in 2008, is a
political commercial where a politician is portrayed in the best light.
Realistically, high school kids talk about whoever it is that their
parents talk about, and whoever is in the media at the time. They don't
vote, and all this political bantering is new to them, so they get
excited about it all. Of course it is a good thing, but from election
to election, we forget about this excitement and assign it relevance
when I am not sure that it deserves such.
Finally, Obama is not the first liberal to excite a wide variety of the
populace. I seem to recall that Allll Things Gore<g> did the same, and
there was also a lot of hoopla about Kerry and change..and then, to
quote a popular TV show, "America voted" and the conservative
Republicans were "safe" again. <g>
I think, right now, the only thing we can say for sure is that the
Democratic tribe is rallying around O-man in preparation for the big
showdown with Mr. Patriotic. The warm up, training fight is over.
I don't know if I am talking Survivor, UFC, or American Gladiators
here...lol

All of this, and I am STILL undecided..I cannot be alone in this...and I
think this election will come down to folks like me..those who decide at
the last minute.
I'll forward this link to my work email and watch it from work. Thanks.

Bev

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky