homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gentle humor at W's expense

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gentle humor at W's expense
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 12:25:43 -0400

The campus Roy worked on was a half mile from a TJ's. On the days he drove to work I'd give him list to fill my TJ's fix. That coffee was the standard go-to.

Maybe someone will take pity on us and send it. : )

And, I may be wrong but I think Th. Jefferson grew coffee at Monticello. I poked around the Monticello web site briefly but I didn't see it but now I'm of a mind to look into further so I'll report back.

I have an acquaintance with Mr. Coffee and his unfair distribution
system. Until I can figure out how to grow coffee trees, or is it
bushes, at Heartwood* I have a precarious plan. I will be leaving here
in about a week, if the creek drops to passable. I will be taking with
me many, many containers of Fair Trade Organic French Roast coffee
beans available at Trader Joe's here in Phoenix. The closest TJ's to
Heartwood is St. Louis, four hours northeast.