homestead - Re: [Homestead] Smoke Out was Moles

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Smoke Out was Moles
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 23:07:32 -0500

We haven't bought cigs in '08. Of course, I had an emergency stash that we smoked up before we quit. :) After all, if TEOTWAWKI comes, a smoking habit will be a weakness.
But thanks for the congrats..We planned to do this all through 2007, developing alternative plans and behavior mods, cutting back, saving up getting doctor's appointments and then buying the Chantix(insurance doesn't cover it-$125/mo at Rite Aid) for both of us. The cancer thing threw a wrench in the plans, but only postponed things a week or so. I couldn't start without Ron, and we thought it best to wait until after his treatment course to start the Chantix.
But yeah, being able to be around to teach Jordan about the wonder of goats is definitely motivation, and shoot, the money I save, I can buy her a whole herd, a pony, and anything else she would want. :)
I also want to travel...the bug is getting me again. I want to go back to Grand Teton and Rocky Mtn National Park, and this time make it up the trails to see the waterfalls and the lakes. If I could do it with Jordan, all the better...

Bev

clhw wrote:

One of the best things you can do to help yourselves is to not make
provisions to continue. That is, not only don't buy any tobacco products,
but avoid people and places where there will be other people smoking.

If you find a temptation to light up coming on strong, send an email.
Also, tell youself you want to be around to see the grands growing up....
And best wishes to you both...
Lynn

34.498N 85.076W Bev is Earth, Ron is Sky