homestead - Re: [Homestead] Teaching was: Smoke Out

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Teaching was: Smoke Out
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 16:21:50 -0700

On Feb 9, 2008, at 2:14 PM, Don Bowen KI6DIU wrote:

At 2/9/2008, you wrote:
I was reminded this past week of how satisfying it is to see the light of
understanding spring into someone's eyes.

That is why I like teaching. I teach Red Cross Disaster classes and Ham
Radio. Today I taught a class to some new hams who did not understand
things and after the class several came up and mentioned how some it makes
a little more sense now.

I taught evening real estate classes for seven years. I found teaching to be one of the most satisfying things I have ever done. Each of us knows something worth teaching to others. Go for it. It is almost certain you will enjoy it.

My classes went from seven to ten. Lots of evenings I would be tired when I got to the classroom. Three and a half hours later at home I would need a couple beers just to come down enough to go to bed, I was so juiced from the teaching.