homestead - Re: [Homestead] Moles

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Moles
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 21:30:45 +0000

Any of you who do trap or kill your moles, their tanned skins (fur on) are
excellent items to keep for your medicine kit. they are so soft and will feel
nice holding a poultice against a wound. if you have to do too much hard
hiking, they are great to cushion against blisters on your feet. likewise, i
would put them on my hands to protect from unexpected hard labor blisters,
maybe inside work gloves for extra cushion. i caught one the other day and
couldn't kill it. i just let it go somewhere else on our property.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com