homestead - Re: [Homestead] CO2 was: Earth charity

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] CO2 was: Earth charity
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 08:43:46 -0800

Clansgian AT wmconnect.com wrote:

Higher rates of C02 means the plants absorb it differently and yield more growth. It's slight, but in time it would sequester the carbon back into the biosphere. </HTML>

Some of their "global warming" stuff seems insane. Basically, if God were to rain manna down from heaven, as in the Exodus story, that would actually be a BAD thing, because it would increase the carbon available at the surface, right? Who decided how much carbon our planet needs on its surface? Isn't it just a total coincidence that much of our planet's carbon was moved underground by sinking peat bogs and falling trees, just in time to match whatever temperature the sun happens to be right now? And why should either of these events coincide with man's arrival here? IMO we could equally likely be saving the planet from the next ice age. If these boobs can't even tell us why ice ages are happening, let's send em back to the drawing board.

As far as the earth charity BS, I've always been taught that anaerobic decay products are detrimental to plants. So even if it could "sequester carbon" it would just be something incidental to agriculture, if not antithetical, like storing any sort of waste in the garden would be.

Well, the other night i saw a graffiti board at a bar in Hollywood with "Clinton '08" scrawled on it. I locked the door, and carefully changed the I to an A, and added the word "ma" to give "MA CLANTON '08". I hope today's the last we hear of that sow. Who would anyone vote for a slimebag liawyeress over a war hero?