homestead - Re: [Homestead] Test

  • From: <eureka AT hctc.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Test
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:36:25 -0600

Yes, but I'm afraid I don't know the answer. I presume peat moss, like the other soil amendments readily avialable, pine mulch and cotton seed hull compost, etc. leach acid into the soil when it is watered...is that where you are headed with your questioning? I tried growing blueberries in this without success, the alkaline soils won out after a year.

--Sage
Way Out in Texas

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:58:21 -0800